Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Air Force One Flies Over Lower Manhattan, Scaring New Yorkers!

Air Force 1 Backup Plane Flies Very Low Over Manhattan

'NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams' , 'Today Show' and 'Inside Edition" interviewed me about this video you are seeing. Here is what happened: At about 10 am on Monday, April 27th, my husband and I looked out the window and noticed a huge airplane circling very close to our building near the Hudson River, shadowed closely by a military jet. We live in a high rise in downtown Manhattan, a few blocks away from Ground Zero, which we can see from our window. At one point, the plane flew very near our building and banked to the side causing us to think that it was being hijacked and that the military jet would shoot it down any minute. Then we noticed it wasn't a commercial plane.....it was Air Force One!! I took out my camera out of my bag and began filming. In the video, I am very freaked out at the thought of (perhaps Obama's) plane being hijacked or being shot down. At the time, nobody knew what was going on. When you see a huge plane coming towards your building, especially after 9/11, you do assume the worst...and that is what I did. Ad: Funny pictures and quotes

No comments: